I feel as if I have not been to the library forever, so today on this splendid sunny morning my family and I departed for the town library and withdrew a vast multitude of books. I took out quite a lot more than I expected (almost exceeding the limit), and I feared the carrier bag would break on the journey outside, but judgement aside I’m excited to get stuck into reading some print-copy books!
Here is my immediate reading list, some of which are on the The Ultimate Reading Challenge List (which are in bold below). I’ll edit as I go along when I have read the books here, and which rating I gave each book!
How I Live Now // Meg RosoffA unique masterpiece: 5 stars! Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children // Ransom RiggsBrilliant writing, but weak plot: 3 stars The Monstrous Child // Francesca SimonOne of the most original books I have read, ever: 5 stars!
- The Good Liar // Nicholas Searle
- Warm Bodies // Isaac Marion
- Dream Thieves // Maggie Stiefvater
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue // Maggie Stiefvater
- Insurgent // Veronica Roth
- Lament // Maggie Stiefvater
- Am I Normal Yet? // Holly Bourne
- Half Wild // Sally Green
- The Trap // Alan Gibbons
- The Edge of Everything // Jeff Giles
- My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece // Annabel Pitcher
- The Fault in Our Stars // John Green
- Cain // Luke Kennard
- The Chemist // Stephanie Meyer