Happy 2017! I hope this new year brings you great success and happiness.
I certainly plan to make this year the best year yet! I want to start this year by sharing a dose of inspiration for all writing endeavours. Without further ado, here are ten motivational writing quotes to get you started this year.
- “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
— Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
- “Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.”
— Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own
- “You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write.”
— Saul Bellow
- “You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
— Ray Bradbury, Zen in the Art of Writing
- “If writing didn’t require thinking then we’d all be doing it.”
— Jeremiah Laabs
- “I think all writing is a disease. You can’t stop it.”
— William Carlos Williams
- “The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.”
— Andre Gide
- “Writing is a struggle against silence.”
— Carlos Fuentes
- “Anyone who says writing is easy isn’t doing it right.”
— Amy Joy
And my personal favourite…
10. “Every word I write is like a drop of my blood. If it’s flowed passionately and long, I need time to recover from the emotion spent before I begin a new story. My characters are aspects of my life. I have to respectfully and carefully move between them.”
— Red Haircrow
Thank you for reading!
I hope that you like these quotes, do you have any favourite writing quotes of your own?